CrossFit 951 Fundamental Movements Program:
All new members, regardless of fitness level or athletic background, must attend our CrossFit Fundamental Movements Program. This program consists of four (4) practical training sessions. Athletes will learn CrossFit’s basic fundamental movements while gaining knowledge of our philosophy and workout regimen. We emphasize client safety, building a community and learning proper CrossFit terminology. Upon completion you will have the basic tools and understanding of CrossFit and be on your way to achieving optimal health and fitness. Our CrossFit Fundamental Movements sessions consist of the following:
- Personal one-on-one or small group training (max of 6 people)
- Four 60 minute sessions (by appointment only)
- Intro packet and nutritional guidance
Why We Require This Introductory Program:
Most movements used in CrossFit require a bit more attention to technique than you may be used to if your training background has been limited to the multitude of shiny machines you see at normal gyms. CrossFit believes that no machine in existence can match a properly executed squat, muscle-up, kettlebell swing, or clean and jerk when it comes to developing strength, power, and all-around fitness. Since these types of movements are more complex than simply adjusting the position of a pin in a Cybex or HammerStrength machine, you’ll benefit greatly from receiving some one-on-one or small group training to learn the fundamentals.
Here are a few of the main reasons we think our Fundamental Movements Program is vital for new clients:
- You’ll have the opportunity to learn in a low stress environment with one-on-one or small group attention from a coach. If you’re part of a small group, you’ll be with others at a similar fitness level so you don’t have to worry about being intimidated by being thrown right into a group WOD with our “firebreathers.” You’ll have a much easier time learning the movements when there’s no music blasting or clock ticking.
- Your coach will be able to identify any pre-existing injuries or mobility problems prior to you beginning group WODs, and will assist you in improving your flexibility or working around any limitations you have.
- You’ll learn all the movements necessary to complete the WODs we do on a daily basis, which is beneficial both to you and to other clients. During group WODs the coach will have time to refine technique on that day’s movements, but will not have enough time to teach movements from scratch. If all clients possess a similar baseline of proficiency, the coach will be able to move throughout the class and make corrections as necessary, as opposed to focusing strictly on one client.
- You’ll learn how to do the movements properly from the beginning. That way you won’t have to go back later on and un-learn bad habits. By learning proper form and range of motion, you’ll maximize the results you get from your workouts while minimizing the risk of injury.
- You’ll build personal relationships with our coaches and your fellow athletes from the beginning as you become part of our strong community atmosphere, increasing the likelihood that you will stick with CrossFit long enough to realize its benefits. You’ll be treated as a valued member, not just a paying customer.